Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chickn n' Waffels


So a while back we did soul food and it was fun and Delicious. I didn't have time to plan anything out so I wanted to revisit the theme once more for now and make another dish. I landed on chicken and waffles because its an awesome combo to re-invent for the vegans out there.

I didn't make the waffles because after making a buckwheat waffle batter my waffle press was no where to be found. So luckily I found some trader Joe's Waffles in my grandmas freezer and toasted them in the toaster. They worked fine but still not homemade.


But the chicken seitan consisted of:


gluten flour

garlic

onion powder

thyme

hot sauce

water

soy sauce

lemon juice

tapioca starch

Black pepper

Nutritional yeast

Paprika

Ground Mustard


This all got mixed, shaped and boiled for about an hour in better than bouillon, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and water. When it was done I soaked the seitan in hemp milk, hot sauce,thyme garlic, and black pepper for like an hour. I then dredged it in a mixture of flour salt and pepper and fried it in a pan until it was lightly golden and finished it in the oven for about 7 minutes. It seems like alot of work but it was well worth it. ( Sorry about not having exact amounts I made it awhile back).



No comments:

Post a Comment