Thursday, November 25, 2010

Vegan Thanksgiving Cake


So this is pretty crazy. I saw this recipe online and decided it was just wacky enough that I'd need to make it vegan. Of course, I'd have to make it a little more culinary since 1) I'm a masochist and 2) I watch too much Iron Chef America. Anyways, let's go through what it ended up with in it. (Sorry for the poor formatting. Blogger is a bit unforgiving and hard to work with...)

• Sweet Potato Puree
• Chipotle Pepper
• Adobo Sauce
• Butter
• Cinnamon
• Fresh Nutmeg
• Brown Sugar







Mashed Potatoes •
Butter •
Garlic •
Chives •









• Celery Root
• Green Apple
• Fennel Bulb
• Butter
• Apple Cider
• Non-Dairy Creamer
• Celery Salt
• Salt & Pepper






Cranberries •
Orange Peels •
Vanilla Bean Powder •
Water •
Maple Syrup •
Salt •






• Mushroom Gravy Mix
• Dehydrated Mushrooms
• Water










Dried 12-Grain Bread •
Dried Herbs (Thyme, Majoram, Sage, Rosemary, etc) •
Celery •
Onion •
Chopped Brazil Nuts •
Raisins •
Toasted Fennel & Coriander Seeds •
Cayenne •
Melted Butter •
Vegetable Stock •


• 1 Field Roast
• 1 Tofurkey
(There's only one picture, but each roast got its own pan and layer in the cake.)










Then I took all the ingredients and started the layering.

Tofurkey, Celery Root Puree

Tofurkey, Celery Root Puree, Stuffing, Celery Root Puree, Field Roast

I coated the Mashed Potatoes on the sides, capped it with the Sweet Potatoes, and spread (what was left of) the marshmallows on the edge.

I finalized the beast with the Orange Cranberries and toasted the marshmallows (with a kitchen lighter, hahaha!)

She's a beaut, isn't she? Tastes just as good as it looks. I poured the Mushroom Gravy over a slice on the plate and enjoyed it alongside a frosty Virgil's Root Beer.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Shit dude this looks fucking insane. I want some right now. Looks wonderfully delicious.

    ReplyDelete