Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Vegan Mac and "Cheeze"

Mike and I have been making this pretty much weekly here in Philly. I think we're planning on making a baked version of this for vegan thanksgiving. Sorry about the low quality picture it was taken in photo-booth. Also I ate half of it before I took the picture, my bad. The ginger really adds a good bite to it, I definitely recommend experimenting with a ginger-garlic mixture in your fake cheezes it gives it a cool sharpness. This dish should be enjoyed while listening to this.



Get a pot of salted water going for your pasta. I'm going to trust your ability to cook a bag of pasta without putting it in the recipe. By the time you're done cooking the pasta you're sauce should be done.
Sauce

Add to your food processor in this order:
3/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 block tofu
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
water until it's the consistency of ketchup (Hunts not Heinz, it's more watery)

Over low heat simmer:
1 1/2 inches of ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic
1 onion, diced
after 3-4 minutes add:
1 tsp Turmeric
2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tomatoes, sliced
1 bunch of kale, chopped finely
cook until the kale cooks down a bit

Dump the food processor mixture in with the rest of the stuff and add Lawry's seasoned salt to taste. Then mix in your completed pasta and squeeze the juice of one or two lemons on top and mix again.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment