Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snowed in Breakfast - Biscuts w/ Snausage Gravy

About 2 weeks ago, Philly got like 20 inches of snow and freaked out. With the city totally shut down we declared a a 2 day cooking and eating binge. In Sarah's cold apartment we made an array of fatty, creamy dishes to warm us up inside and out. We also had a chip buffet, but that's irrelevant to this dish.

The sausages in the gravy were made using Vegandad's sausage recipe. I always forget to leave the dough really wet before I steam them so it was a good experience for me to use the recipe on this one. We tossed those sausages in EVERYTHING we made, but this dish really stood out to me. I won't bore you with other recipes for the gravy and biscuits, because we pretty much just pulled the off the internet, nothing special. Fresh baked biscuits.... MMMMmmmm.

Also, I think that since people write vegan cheese like "Cheeze", we ought to be able to say "snausage" instead of "vegan sausages". It's saving you a couple of syllables dropping the vegan from the phrase even if the 'sn' sound is a bit tough to get used to. Who's with me? If I can get the support of a few good spellers on my side, that might add some legitimacy to my campaign. Every team needs a speller.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in for snausages, as long as vegan french toast can be fronch toast. banana fronch toast for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you guys shut it, that's too much fun. I'd love snausages and fronch toast for breakfast tomorrow

    ReplyDelete