Sunday, February 28, 2010

Indian Food

Hey dudes, good to see the blog is active again. Let's keep this going with an old one that I keep forgetting to post. Here's a dish that I made weekly for a while. Good for filling you up and warming your bones. Serve everything up with basmati rice and mint chutney, enjoy!



Channa Masala w/ TVP

1 large yellow onion
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp hot curry powder
2 cans chick peas
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 handful tvp

Wow, I've been cooking with can's too much. I didn't realize that until I wrote down what goes in this recipe. The TVP makes this dish really filling and hearty. I think the recipe would be great without it. Pretty much here's the process:

- get the onions going in a cast iron skillet over medium heat with the oil and curry powder until the onions get translucent
- let your can opener do the cooking and add everything else
- keep adding water as the tvp soaks it up so it stays real saucy
- let it stew for a bit to mix all the flavors

Creamy Curry Kale

Alliteration alert! This dish's title would look good on a brew pub menu. Stephen? For this one I start the same way with the oil, curry powder, and onions. Once the onions are translucent, I add the kale and let it cook down. I finish it off by adding some cashew or almond cream and molasses.

Haven't tried it, but it might be nice to toss in some nutritional yeast to give it a Paneer kind of taste. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment